Dominica is an island country of the Lesser Antilles in the eastern Caribbean Sea. It lies between the French islands of Guadeloupe and Marie-Galante to the north and Martinique to the south. The country has been a member of the Commonwealth since independence in 1978.
Dominica has been nicknamed the “Nature Isle of the Caribbean” for its natural environment. It is the youngest island in the Lesser Antilles, and in fact it is still being formed by geothermal-volcanic activity, as evidenced by the world’s second-largest hot spring, called Boiling Lake. The island has lush mountainous rainforests, and it is the home of many rare plants, animals, and bird species. There are xeric areas in some of the western coastal regions, but heavy rainfall occurs inland. The Sisserou parrot, also known as the imperial amazon and found only on Dominica, is the island’s national bird and featured on the national flag, which is one of only two national flags containing the colour purple. The country is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the United Nations, the Organization of American States and the Non-Aligned Movement.
|more than 144 countries|
|PASSPORT||after 2 to 3 months|
|YOUR COSTS||minimum 200,000 USD + application fees|
|LOCATION||13° 3' N, 61° 45' W|
|MAIN CITY||Saint George' s|
|CURRENCY||EC$ (East Caribbean Dollar)|
|TOTAL AREA||344 km2|
- A new avenue for wealth diversification and succession planning, to live a life of greater financial security
- Peace of mind knowing you belong to a warm and welcoming international community with steadfast governance at its core • Simple and efficient processes to ensure a smooth citizenship journey
- Simple and efficient processes to ensure a smooth citizenship journey
- No mandatory travel or residence requirements, to maintain your flexible lifestyle
- Investment opportunities that encourage you to unleash your entrepreneurial spirit
- Dominica is a signatory of double taxation treaties with the USA and the CARICOM
- No wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax
- Personal tax only applies if you reside and earn income in the country
- There is no restriction on the repatriation of profits and imported capital
- Generous incentive packages include corporate tax incentives, full exemption from import duties, tax relief benefits, and export allowance
- Currency is pegged to the US dollar, which provides certainty and stability in exchange transactions
- Duty-free trading in the Caribbean
- Visa-free travel to approximately 140 countries, for greater mobility
The investment is in the form of donation to a designated government fund and the cost varies according to the number of family members included in the application. The main applicant should be at least 21 years old, without criminal records, and needs to know basic English.
Once all the documents have been submitted, the necessary procedures have been approved, and the committee interview has been successful, you can expect to receive your Certificate of Naturalization and passport within 30 days.
The Ministry of Immigration and Labor will personally sign the Certificate of Naturalization authenticating you as a citizen of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
The steps are simple, particularly after signing the service agreement. They will proceed as follows….